Sunday, July 27, 2008

Favre signs reinstatement letter, does not report to camp

Brett Favre has signed a letter asking for reinstatement to the NFL, but apparently won't send it in until Monday or Tuesday. Favre did not report to Packers camp on Sunday because Packers GM Ted Thompson asked him to delay his arrival.

Personally, I'm hoping NFL commissioner Roger Goodell steps in and remedies this situation sooner rather than later. The whole situation, in my opinion, is a joke. Granted, I don't know the behind the scenes details but Brett Favre really looks like a selfish person to me right about now. It looks like the Packers want nothing to do with him and he will be traded. I'm betting on the Jets.

Fantasy Impact: This is why I don't like drafting until late August. See my post a few spots down for my thoughts on Favre as a fantasy QB in 2008. It looks like Aaron Rodgers will be the starter in Green Bay for sure. I think he can have huge upside this season but I wouldn't draft him as a # 1. Take him as your # 2 QB and he could end up starting for you down the line. In a QB friendly offense, he should throw 20 tds with ease.

No comments: