Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 1 in review

Studs

Drew Brees: I have been telling anyone who will listen that this going to be a huge year for Brees. He was even my MVP pick. Thanks Drew for not making me look stupid (I do a good enough job of that on my own). Brees proved that he was worth that 2nd round choice with a 343 yards and 3 scores. I really feel that Brees will carry fantasy teams in 2008 like Brady and Romo did last year.

Donovan McNabb
: 361 yards and 3 td's proved that rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated. Did I mention that his top 2 receivers were out? As long as he is healthy, look for more of the same.

Michael Turner
: Can Turner carry the load? Absolutely. Well at least against the Lions anyway. 220 yards and and 2 td's made him look like a steal in the 4th round were most people were able to get him. I'm not sure if he can keep it up...we'll see.

Marion Barber
: Get used to this stat line: 80 yards and 2 td's. Felix Jones looked good as well, but Barer will continue to get those goal line carries.

Willie Paker
: Parker asked to get more touches inside the 10 and Mike Tomlin obliged. Parker had a monster day with 138 yards and 3 scores. He is a sure fire start every week in Pitt's dominant offense.

Duds

Carson Palmer
: Are you serious Carson? Last year you started to suck in real life and now you suck in fantasy too. 99 yards? I'd be nervous if I owned Palmer.

Matt Hasselbeck
: Matt gets a pass (kind of) considering he is down Engram, Branch, and now Burleson. Still, he was bad in Buffalo. 190 yards and 1 td and 1 int won't kill you, but it doesn't help much either. We expected more Matt.

Joseph Addai
: The Colts were terrible last night. They have 3 new starters on the interior of their oline and it showed. The Colts look like they are going to miss Jeff Saturday alot. Addai might have a few games like the 12 carry 44 yard stinker he put up last night.

Steven Jackson & Torry Holt
: Raise your hand if you saw this coming. I did. Holdout and no preseason seems to always equal a slow start for a running back. Steven Jackson has 40 yards rushing and 34 yards receiving as the Rams got clobbered 38-3 by the Eagles. At 38-3 though, you tend to abandon the running game. But what's Holt's excuse? 1 catch for 9 yards?! 1 more game like that and you may want to introduce Torry to your bench.

Steady as he goes
Brian Westbrook
: 91 yards rushing, 1 receiving TD. Just another solid game for a legit top 3 fantasy RB. Just please stay healthy Brian.

I should have started...
Matt Forte
: 123 yards and a score was probably wasted on your bench (I know it was mine). Start him in week 2. Without sexy Rexy closing his eyes and chucking the ball down field, the Bears might be back.

Pick me up now!
Desean Jackson
: 6 catches for 106 yards. This rookie had big play written all over him.

Drop me like I'm hot!
Nate Burleson/Tom Brady
: Both players out for the year.

No comments: