Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Roy Williams Fallout

I'm not sure I like the Roy Williams trade from a Dallas perspective. I think they gave up too much (1st, 3rd, 6th)for a guy who has trouble staying healthy. It also does not help Dallas at all on the defensive side of the ball, where they have a shortage of defensive back with Williams, Newman and Jones out. I guess Jerry Jones is going for it all this season though. Thats hard to argue with if you are a fan of the team. Can you imagine the offense when Romo gets back? Teams will not be able to cover T.O., Whitten, and Williams. Once the Dallas Oline gets back into form (and I think they will) look out.

Speaking of T.O. I also think that this trade could mean his days in Dallas could be numbered. I know, I know that crazy right. Well there have been some whispers lately that T.O. has been having some trouble getting open. Remember, as terrific as player as Owens is, he will be 35 in December. Also, the T.O. "good soldier" routine has more or less ended. He's been complaining again this season, this time about not getting the ball enough. Rememeber how things ended up with Jeff Garcia and Donoavan McNabb? I didn't think Romo sounded to happy to be hearing T.O's gripes. I'm not saying this will be Owen's last year in Dallas but next year might be.

Also, good job by the Lions on this trade. They are going nowhere with Roy Williams and he would have been a free agent anyway after the season. In case you're wondering, there was zero chance of him coming back to the Lions. Getting all those picks will go a long way in helping to rebuild a team that has many, many holes.

No comments: