Friday, July 25, 2008

Report: Favre headed to Packers camp/Jets interested

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Brett Favre told GM Ted Thompson he will be reporting to Packer's training camp. Favre, who is still considered retired, would need to send in his reinstatement letter to the league in order to report.

It's no secret that the Packers are listening to offers for Favre, and Chris Mortensen is also reporting that sources have told him that the Jets have received permission to speak with him.

Fantasy Impact: Personally, I am already tired of this Favre situation...but I guess that for another post. If Favre plays, he is a low end # 1, high end # 2 option no matter what team he is on. I'd feel good having him as my starter if he is with Green Bay, however I would be hesitant if he comes back with another team. It takes time to learn a new offense and Favre has a tendency to try and force some throws which may not mix well. If he ends up on the Jets, Bucs, or another team with average talent around him, I would draft him as a #2 QB and hope there is some upside there.

No comments: