Sunday, September 28, 2008

Westbrook questionable

As you probably already know, Brian Westbrook is questionable tonight with a high ankle sprain. What does this mean? Well for the Eagles it means they may be without arguably the best all around back in the league right now. For us fantasy addicts...er...um...players...it means we have to commit to playing him and risking very little or no points at all or not playing him and risking him scoring 3 td's on our bench. I own Westbrook in a league and here is what I did: I picked up Buckhalter and have him as my starter. If I turn on NBC's awful highlight show (seriously, how much do you miss NFL Primetime?) and they say Westbrook will play, I will run to my computer and put him in the starting lineup (while my wife belittles me for being a dork). For those of you who do not have Buckhalter, I would go ahead and play my backup. It's too much of a risk to play Westbrook and get 0 points.

On a side note, can this season be any stranger. So many injuries, so many players not performing, weird things like suspensions, infected sacs, and torn ACL's. It's been a disappointing season so far for a lot of fantasy players. Good fantasy players with solid draft strategies are falling victim to these situations that are out of any players control. I don't know what to make of it...maybe the bass is just taking away from the vocal...

No comments: